Bhubaneswar is well connected by AIR, RAIL and ROAD with major cities of India
- The only major airport in Odisha, the Biju Patnaik International Airport, located in Bhubaneswar connects Bhubaneswar to New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, and other major cities of India.
- Indian Airlines and almost all major private Airlines in India have multiple daily flights to and from Biju Patnaik International Airport, Bhubaneswar connecting the city with all major cities in the country.
- The airport also operates international flights to destinations like Kualalampur, Dubai etc and is a modern Airport with night landing facility.
- Bhubaneswar is the headquarters of East Coast Railways.
- The East-Coast Railway line runs almost parallel to the National Highway with Bhubaneswar Railway Station placed at the centre of the city.
- The city is well connected by rail with superfast trains to all major cities of India including daily Rajdhani and Satabdi express trains.
- With 1960sq.km of road network, Bhubaneswar is directly connected to Kolkata, Ranchi in the North and Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Vijayawada in the South.
- Neighbouring cities of Puri and Cuttack are within hour long drive from Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha State Road Transport Corporation and private buses ply between Bhubaneswar and other cities of Odisha as well as cities like Kolkata, Jamshedpur, and Raipur etc.